Monte M. Bond
Monte's practice focuses on litigation, trials and appeals of patent, related and other complex commercial cases. Monte's experience in these areas is extensive and covers a wide range of technologies, including: wireless communications; telecom; signal processing; electrical; software; biotech; chemical; data compression; computer science; mechanical; and oil well and energy products and services. Monte's experience extends to the trials and appeals of, trademark; copyright, and trade dress cases as well as non-IP related cases such as contracts; business torts; and adversary proceedings in bankruptcy. Monte also has significant experience acting as settlement and licensing counsel responsible for creating, developing and implementing licensing programs; negotiating and drafting licenses and settlement agreements; and analyzing patent portfolios.
Monte's vast and varied experience across several litigation and related disciplines provides clients with the means to create effective strategies tailored to their specific needs and the demands of the case and that are designed to identify and seize opportunities and obtain successful results in patent, other IP and commercial matters ranging from trials and appeals to settlements and licensing and to implement those strategies effectively and efficiently.
Prior to joining Bragalone Conroy PC, Monte oversaw and managed patent litigation and acted as settlement and licensing counsel for various clients and practiced for 20+ years as a trial lawyer with various firms including McKool Smith, Burns Doane, and Godwin Gruber where he headed the firm's IP Section.
B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Southern Methodist University, 1984
J.D., Texas Tech University School of Law, 1988
United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
United States Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit
United States District Courts for the Northern, Southern, and Eastern Districts of Texas
United States District Courts for Delaware; Eastern District of Illinois; Northern District of California (San Francisco and San Jose Divisions)
Supreme Court of Texas
Texas State Courts
State Bar of Texas
District of Columbia Bar Association
Federal Circuit Bar Association
- Represented Ericsson in multiple infringement cases involving wireless communications technology systems, software and handsets. See e.g. appeal reported at Harris Corp. v. Ericsson Inc., 417 F.3d 1241.
- Represented Compression Labs (Forgent) in a multi-district patent infringement case involving JPEG imaging technology.
- Represented Halliburton in a patent infringement case involving drilling fluid technology.
- Represented Bayer Bioscience in a patent infringement case involving genetically modified corn.
- Represented Rhodia-Chimie in a patent infringement case involving silica particulate technology. Appeal reported at Chimie v. PPG Indus., 402 F.3d 1371.
- Represented FMC in a patent infringement case involving pipeline valve technology.
- Represented Proxim in a multi-patent infringement case involving wireless communications involving 802.11(b) and integrated circuit technologies and before the ITC against multiple defendants and respondents.
- Represented Excel in a patent infringement case involving telephone records and billing technology. Appeal reported at AT&T Corp. v. Excel Communs., Inc., 172 F.3d 1352.
- Represented Glazier Group in a trademark infringement case involving the mark "Strip House" for steak house restaurants and before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board in a trademark opposition proceeding.
- Represented Drive Financial Services in a declaratory judgment action regarding trademark infringement.
- Represented First Southern Trust in a breach of contract and trade secret misappropriation case. Appeals reported at First S. Trust Co. v. Szczepanik, 880 S.W.2d 10 and Szczepanik v. First S. Trust Co., 883 S.W.2d 648.
- Represented Realtime Data as licensing and settlement counsel in multi-patent infringement actions involving data compression processes and systems involving over 20 defendants and over 300 potential licensees.
- Represented Wi-LAN overseeing and managing outside counsel and as part of settlement and licensing team in a multi-case, mutli-patent infringement action involving 802.11(b)(g) and (n) wireless communication standards and technology for Wi-Fi and Wi-MAX.