Patrick J. Conroy
Patrick J. Conroy is a Shareholder with Bragalone Conroy PC, and a trial lawyer practicing in the areas of high-stakes complex business and intellectual property litigation. Patrick's practice focuses on antitrust, complex business litigation, energy litigation, patent litigation, and securities litigation.
Patrick maintains an active, national patent litigation trial docket and his experience includes numerous courtroom victories and settlements for his clients involving a diverse array of technologies, industries, and subject matter including various consumer electronics technologies, displays, mobile phone technologies, medical device technologies such as balloon catheters, stents, and drug-eluting stents, MP3 players, online printing technologies, semiconductor technologies, software and source code technologies, standard setting organizations, telecommunications, and wireless email products. In addition, Patrick has litigated and tried multiple investigations at the International Trade Commission and is a member of the International Trade Commission Trial Lawyers Association. Patrick counts publicly-traded companies, privately-held companies, individuals, universities and research institutes as clients in his patent litigation practice.
Patrick has also litigated various significant complex business disputes concerning antitrust matters, investment fraud cases, and various other business disputes, including jury trials, bench trials, and arbitrations related to commercial mortgage-backed securities, complex derivative investments, complex hedge fund investment structures and investing strategies, energy industry-related disputes, and securities fraud matters. Prior to forming Bragalone Conroy PC, Patrick was a Shareholder at Shore Chan Bragalone DePumpo, LLP, and also previously practiced law as a trial lawyer with McKool Smith, P.C. for several years.
B.S., Xavier University (Ohio), 1995
J.D., Southern Methodist University, Dedman School of Law, 1999
Judicial Clerkship with the Honorable Robert L. Jones, United States Bankruptcy Judge, Federal District Court, Northern District of Texas
United States Supreme Court
United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
United States District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas
United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
United States District Court for the Western District of Arkansas
Texas State Courts
American Bar Association
American Bar Association, Antitrust Division
American Bar Association, Co-Chair of Trade Secret Sub-Committee (2014)
State Bar of Texas
Dallas Bar Association
Fifth Circuit Bar Association
Life Fellow, Texas Young Lawyers Association (TYLA)
International Trade Commission Trial Lawyers Association
Selected for inclusion in Thomson Reuters' "Rising Stars" Edition (2009-2012)
Selected for inclusion in Thomson Reuters' "Super Lawyers" Edition (2014)
Barrister, The Honorable Barbara M.G. Lynn American Inn of Court
- Multiple Section 337 Investigations at the International Trade Commission for international research institute against international consumer electronics company related to display technologies.
- Section 337 Investigation at the International Trade Commission for a university against international semiconductor company and mobile phone companies related to CMOS image sensors.
- Multiple patent infringement litigation for a university against international semiconductor and consumer electronics companies related to CMOS image sensors.
- Multiple patent infringement litigation for an international research institute against international consumer electronics companies related to display, mobile, optical disc drive, and consumer appliance technologies.
- Theft of trade secrets litigation for an international semiconductor company against an international Flash semiconductor company related to theft of proprietary semiconductor process technology.
- Patent infringement litigation for an online printing company against international competitor related to patented software technology for the web-to-print industry.
- Patent infringement and antitrust litigation for a Fortune 500 medical device company against publicly-held competitor related to medical devices.
- Multiple patent infringement litigation for a privately-held semiconductor company against Fortune 500 company related to patents covering ground-breaking power management technologies for use in CMOS devices.
- Multiple patent infringement litigation for a publicly-held company against multiple publicly-held semiconductor and mobile phone companies related to NOR Flash semiconductor technologies.
- Antitrust and unfair competition litigation for international consumer electronics company against competitor related to MP3 players and products.
- Multiple patent infringement litigation for a privately-held company against multiple publicly-held competitors related to technology that allows mobile phone users to download email.
- Multi-billion dollar antitrust litigation for an International Telecommunications Company against Privately-Held Technology Company related to 3G cellular phone technologies and a global standard setting organization.
- Securities fraud litigation on behalf of individual, high net worth investors against an international investment bank related to failed investments in a hedge fund.
- Breach of contract litigation on behalf of a Fortune 500 company against publicly-held competitor in a complex dispute.
- Multiple securities litigation and related state court litigation on behalf of bondholders against Fortune 500 investment banks related to investments in securitizations involving commercial mortgage-backed securities.