Brian P. Herrmann
Brian’s practice has focused on commercial and intellectual property litigation. He has represented clients as both plaintiffs and defendants in state and federal courts. As a registered patent attorney, he has also represented clients before the United States Patent and Trademark Office as well as the Patent Trial and Appeal Board. Brian’s experience includes infringement, invalidity, and claim construction analysis during both pre-suit investigation and litigation stages for patents across a wide variety of technological fields such as software, telecommunications, mobile phone technologies, digital video recording, wireless networking, oilfield technology, and camera phone technology.
B.S., Civil Engineering / Certificate in Architectural Engineering, Duke University, 2008
J.D., Duke University School of Law, 2012
United States Patent and Trademark Office
United States District Courts for the Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas
Texas State Courts
State Bar of Texas
Dallas Bar Association
Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Patent litigation on behalf of inventor of electronic discovery software against multiple defendants.
- Multi-Patent litigation on behalf of inventor of digital and network video recording technologies against more than fifty defendants across multiple cases.
- Defended oilfield technology company in patent infringement suit.
- Represented both patent owners and petitioners in inter partes review proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board of the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- Defended large international electronics and technology company in patent infringement suit related to camera phones.
- Represented large international chemical company in multiple arbitrations related to supply contracts.
- Successfully obtained dismissals in both copyright and trademark infringement defense engagements.