Stephanie R. Wood
Stephanie Wood is an associate at Bragalone Conroy PC. For the past ten years, Stephanie has concentrated her practice on commercial and IP litigation and provided pragmatic solution-oriented legal counsel. Stephanie has represented a wide range of clients involved in the telecommunications, semiconductor, medical device, and computer hardware industries. More specifically, technologies represented have included optical media (BD-R and BD-RE), retail point of sale discounting systems, electrophoretic displays, 802.3af Power over Ethernet devices, 802.11 wireless protocol, DNS services, dynamic assembly of packages in retail environments, LCD drivers, heat sinks, VCSELs, FPGAs, CCFL inverter controllers, LEDs, methods of growing high quality GaN, cloud computing, and surgical training devices. Stephanie is currently licensed to practice in both California and Texas.
Stephanie has significant litigation experience in the major patent venues across the country, including the U.S. District Courts in California, Texas, Delaware, New Jersey, and Florida, as well as before the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC). Stephanie also has extensive experience negotiating and resolving complex patent disputes on terms very favorable to her clients.
B.S., Chemistry, University of Texas at Austin, 2000
J.D., Santa Clara University School of Law, 2005
United States District Court for the Northern, Eastern, and Central Districts of California
United States District Court for the Northern, Eastern, Western and Southern Districts of Texas
California State Courts
Texas State Courts
State Bar of California
State Bar of Texas
Dean's Award for Excellence in Legal Analysis, Research and Writing, Santa Clara University School of Law (2002-2003)
Phi Delta Phi – Legal Honors Society (2002-2005)
Elected Class Representative, Santa Clara University School of Law (2002-2005)
Honors Moot Court Board, Santa Clara University School of Law (2004-2005)
Teacher's Assistant, Legal Research and Writing, Santa Clara University School of Law (2004-2005)
Outstanding Volunteer in Public Service Award, Bar Association of San Francisco, Volunteer Legal Services Program (2011)
Leadership Development Committee Member, Association of Business Trial Lawyers, Northern California Division (2008-2009)
Member, San Francisco Bay Area IP Inn of Court (2010-2012)
Member, State Bar of Texas Pro Bono College (2010-2012)
Volunteer and Academic Coach, Breakthrough Austin (2012-2015)
Volunteer and Member, Junior League of San Francisco (2010-2012), Junior League of Austin (2012-2015)
Planning Committee Member, 19th Annual Advanced Patent Law Institute, UTCLE (2014)
Barrister, The Honorable Lee Yeakel IP Inn of Court (2013-2015)
Barrister, The Honorable Barbara M.G. Lynn American Inn of Court (2015-current)
- Multiple patent infringement litigations in the Northern District of California and Eastern District of Texas for a leading venture-backed Silicon Valley LED company against its largest competitor related to LED lighting and methods of growing high-quality GaN resulting in a favorable confidential settlement.
- Patent infringement litigation in the District of New Jersey representing a large cell phone company against a non-practicing entity. Obtained a claim construction ruling favorable to the client leading to a stipulated judgment of non-infringement.
- Section 337 Investigation at the International Trade Commission representing a semiconductor company against multiple accused infringers related to AC/DC power inverter circuit design and operation related to backlighting for LCD screens resulting in confidential settlements with major consumer electronics companies.
- Multiple patent infringement litigations in the Northern District of California and Western District of Texas representing a privately owned multinational computer technology company against non-practicing entities involving LCD driver and CPU heat sink technologies.
- Patent infringement litigation in the Northern District of California representing a leading optoelectronics technology company against a competitor involving fiber optics and optoelectronics products, including VCSEL laser drivers.
- Directed litigation activities and negotiated settlement and license agreements representing a plaintiff patent assertion entity in multiple lawsuits in the District of Delaware and the Central District of California resulting in favorable confidential settlement and license agreements with some of the world's largest optical media manufacturers and resellers.
- Directed litigation activities representing a plaintiff patent assertion entity in multiple lawsuits in the District of Delaware and the Northern and Southern Districts of Texas regarding point of sale discounting systems resulting in favorable confidential settlements.
- Section 337 Investigation at the International Trade Commission representing a semiconductor product packaging and test services company against its largest competitor related to semiconductor chip packaging technology. Developed strategy and litigation positions resulting in the Commission's issuance of a Limited Exclusion Order and leading to the successful resolution of a long standing dispute cumulatively spanning over ten years.